Monday, July 13, 2009

Goodbye, My Manulife Life

Posted in Multiply Dec 4, '07

It's a sad day today. I got a call from my Manulife manager telling me he'll make a letter of recommendation to keep me from being terminated but that I have to promise to make a sales (90,000 PC worth -- Manulife jargon) by the end of the year. I was flabbergasted. Although I was very grateful that he wanted to keep me, I asked Cesar not to write a recommendation letter coz I know I won't meet the quota. It was time to call it quits.

I knew it was coming. I hadn't made a sale in the last 3 months. I barely exerted effort in the past year.I knew I only had til December, and in my heart, I knew I'd be booted out. That day is today. I am sad, though, because I love Manulife.

Manulife is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I SOOOOOO LOVE my Manulife work. It's something that I would like to do (minus the sales quota) -- help people realize the importance of getting insurance, making them understand the value of financial preparedness, etc. You see, I love handling money. I love it when I people understand, through me, that insurance isn't an expense but an investment. I love it because I know, that when they get insurance, that later in their lives, they will thank me.

I remember when I first joined Manulife, it was May of 2006. I was pregnant with Luis then. I (with a big baby belly) would go on sales calls, making presentations, etc. to wherever (but mostly in Makati or Ortigas). It didn't really matter that I'd get home late or that I was carrying my laptop a long way coz I was having the time of my Manulife life. I even made sure that I'd be able to make a sale prior to giving birth so I can relax while taking care of Luis the first few months.

When Luis came out, though. It became hard for me to continue doing Manulife work. Not because I no longer enjoy it or that I don't believe in it anymore, but because I'm always so excited to get home to be with Richard and Luis. I just wanted to be home and be with my family. It was also a struggle to continue selling when I was being transitioned to another type of work then. Schedules were erratic and work was new.

Well, whatever the case, I know it was my own fault I didn't meet the quota. Manulife deserves a much better sales agent. Sayang lang coz I really loved repserenting Manulife.

To my Manulife clients, thank you for letting me help you take care of your future.

To Cesar, my ever-patient and super galing na manager, thank you for taking me under your wing and helping me.

To my Richard, thank you for being the wind beneath my wings when I have Manulife concerns.

Today is a sad day. I am sad to let go of Manulife (my new life). But in a way, it also is a relief. At least now, I don't need to feel Manulife-guilty when I choose to spend all my free time with my Luis and Richard.

I know God has grand plans for me, and this is a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment