Monday, July 20, 2009

My Dad Has Passed Away

Posted in Multiply Mar 4, '08

I lost my dad. February 28 2008, Thursday morning. It was hell. I hate the feeling. He's buried now. Things are beginning to change -- as I know they would, now that he's gone. Things are just so overwhelming. Sometimes I ask Richard kung kaya ko ba.

I miss him so. But nagtatampo ako. I feel like he robbed me of a decent goodbye. He just died. No last words, no final goodbyes. He just left.

I used to be scared of roaming spirits or ghosts. I always say if I see a ghost, I'll join their world immediately because I would die on the spot. I'm such a scaredy cat. But I am making an exception. Now, I am waiting for him to pop in and explain. How can I be scared of his soul? I think I need him to tell me he's in a better place. I need to know God is looking after him.
I miss his antics. He's corny and he knows it, but he tries.

I never liked formula prayers. I don't really pray the rosary. But they say the novena for the dead will help him get to heaven faster. True or not, I will do it. And I will do anything to help Him get to heaven. I need to know he is in a better place.

Wala, random thoughts lang. I haven't even posted the pictures of our "Announcing the New Baby" Dinner last Sunday. He had pictures carrying his 2 grandkids. That was the last time I saw him.

They will surely miss him. Lalo na si Luis. Maka-lolo pa naman yun.

How long does one get over a super loved one's death? I don't think I will ever get over losing him. I don't think my mind can fully accept that the main man in my life for 28 years is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment